In the PADI Open Water Diver course you will get step by step closer into the amazing and impressive underwater-world, a world with its own characteristics. After you completed this diving course you will be able to dive independently but together with a buddy to a maximum depth of 18 meters. You may either choose to do a stand-alone course or continue after you completed the PADI Scuba Diver course. The Scuba Diver course is fully credited towards the PADI Open Water Diver course.
Together with your diving instructor you will learn the required knowledge and skills to do scuba diving in the most safe and comfortable way. Make sure, the course is with a small number of students (≤ 4) so your instructor can keep an eye on each of the students performance. The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of:
- 5 knowledge development sessions (~10 hours)
- 5 confined water (pool) sessions (6 hours)
- 4 open water dives (~8 hours)
The time schedule of the course is student performance orientated and takes usually between 3 and 5 days, also depending on the class size. After you complete the course successfully you will be certified as PADI Open Water Diver.
Course Duration: max. 5 days
- mimimum age: 10 years, PADI Junior Open Water Diver, 15 years PADI Open Water Diver
- maximum depth: 12 meters (10-11 years), 18 meters (min. 12 years)
- certification: PADI Open Water Diver
Next level: Adventures in Diving Program