Accompanied by a competent and friendly SSI Instructor within the SSI Open Water Diver course you will get step by step closer into the amazing and impressive underwater-world, a world with its own characteristics. After you completed this diving course you will be able to dive independently but together with a buddy to a maximum depth of 18 meters.
The SSI Open Water Diver program provides students with the knowledge and training necessary to dive autonomously with an equally- or more qualified buddy, in environments equivalent with their training and to depthsshallower than 18 meters.
Requirements For Completion
- Complete all academic sections and assessments outlined in the instructor manual for Open Water Diver.
- Complete an Open Water Diver Final exam with a passing score of at least 80%.
- Complete all pool/confined water sessions for Open Water Diver.
- Complete the Student Water Fitness Evaluation
- Complete at least four (4) open water training dives on scuba and all of the skill evaluations
- minimum age: 10 years
- maximum depth: 12 meters for 10-11 years old participants / 18 meters
- permitted diving area: confined water and open water
- Validity: lifetime