SSI has a so-called recognition program. The two most important levels are the SSI Specialty Diver and the SSI Advanced Open Water. This level should NOT be confused with the PADI Advanced Open Water. The SSI Advanced Open Water Diver is more or less on the same level as the PADI Rescue Diver, at least if one of the specialty courses was Diver Stress & Rescue. (see also list of equivalency) As well there is the SSI Master Diver recognition.
Two special courses must be successfully completed for the SSI Specialty Diver, and at least 4 special courses for the SSI Advanced Open Water Diver. Dives done during the Advanced Adventurer can be counted towards the respective special courses. After completing the requirements, the respective digital certification card will be issued free of charge.
depending on the special courses to be carried out
- Minimum age: 10 years for Specialty and Advanced Diver, 12 years for Master Diver
- Specialty Diver: 12 logged dives and 2 passed special courses
- Advanced Open Water Diver: 24 logged dives and 4 passed special courses
- Master Diver: 50 logged dives, 4 passed special courses including the Diver Stress & Rescue course
Century 100 Diver / Bronze 200 Diver / Silver 300 Diver / Gold 500 Diver / Platinum 1000 Diver recognition levels
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Century Diver - proof over 100 logged open water dives
- Bronze Diver - proof over 200 logged open water dives
- Silver Diver - proof over 300 logged open water dives
- Gold Diver - proof over 500 logged open water dives
- Platinum Diver - proof over 1000 logged open water dives
Tags: scuba Advanced Open Water Diver Master Diver Specialty Course scuba schools international diver training dive course Specialty Programm Century 100 Diver / Bronze 200 Diver / Silver 300 Diver / Gold 500 Diver / Platinum 1000 Diver recognition levels SSI Specialty Diver SSI Advanced Open Water Diver